Friday, June 29, 2012

Eggs


We have finally cracked into our eggs today, presented in our third bag from Fresh Fork Market nearly a week ago, since we had a carton of 18 eggs to go through first. I have a tendency to eat my eggs raw in soup, so it won't take too long to go through these even though we're swimming in grotesquely hot weather. Hey, coffee drinkers drink a cup o' joe in the middle of summer.

365-361 Eggs Close Row
Day 361/365

Looking at these tan beauties from Scenic Acres, it seems a shame to boil these for deviled avocado-eggs or crab salad but I've been craving for a sandwich stuffed with crab salad, barbecue kettle chips, alfalfa sprouts, and cucumbers in sour dough bread with a steaming bowl of spicy miso ramen. My favorite snack-meal ever since I could stir a pot.

365-361 Egg Long Formation
Day 361/365

My crab salad comprises of potatoes, crab, cucumbers, Best Foods or Hellman's mayonnaise, a little Kewpie mayonnaise, ±boiled eggs, wee bit of onion powder, salt, and pepper. It is a side dish my mother made as far back as I can remember. 

Oooh, there's always tres leches cake...we haven't had that in a while!

- Cassaendra
Will stop drooling now...

Fresh Fork Market

2 deep thoughts:

Mrs. L 03 July, 2012 19:16  

I bought one carton of eggs from the grocery store specifically to use for deviled eggs tomorrow. The farmers market eggs are going in omelets and desserts. There is such a difference in taste between the two, but I tried hard boiling the farmers market eggs one time and they were just too fresh.

Cassaendra 03 July, 2012 21:59  

Heya Mrs. L,

I thought it couldn't be true that fresh eggs are harder to peel than older eggs, but it seems to work out that way.

Mmm deviled eggs. What time? :P

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP