Monday, May 14, 2012

Breakfast


While preparing this breakfast took 10 minutes longer than my morning regimen of a bowl of multigrain Cheerios, Trader Joe's High Fiber cereal, sliced banana, and chia seeds with soy milk, this was three times the amount of food I normally eat, but it hit the spot. As a result, I walked into work relaxed and sated for some time, which equated to being happy for some time.

365-315 Breakast
Day 315/365

The salad was prepared with tomatoes, hearts of palm, kalamata olives, and cucumbers with olive oil and black pepper.

Curry powder, crushed red peppers, and turmeric were mixed into the egg. The center concoction consisted of red pepper, Hebrew National hot dogs, asparagus, mushrooms, crushed red pepper, black pepper, and smoked salt. On the far end, salsa with parmigiano reggiano, a mess on a plate but tasty.

For a sweet bite, a strawberry with a few crushed morsels of our favorite chocolate bark from Lilly, Azteka -- dark chocolate, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, ancho chile, cocoa, Hawaiian black salt.

We recently tried Hebrew National's hot dogs for the first time and are quite satisfied. I read somewhere a couple of years ago that quality was better some years ago. That must have been impressive. Cutting into a wiener (I'm Asian, after 2 packs, I have yet to eat these hot dogs as hot dogs in a bun), I was surprised by the texture and density.

Considering effort versus gain, this is well worth the 10 extra minutes. I ought to do this every morning, or at the least every Monday morning. 

- Cassaendra

3 deep thoughts:

Mrs. L 17 May, 2012 19:01  

Nice looking breakfast. Beats my two hard boiled eggs, a few slices of canadian bacon and a V8!

Cassaendra 18 May, 2012 20:11  

Hiya Mrs. L,

Thanks! I tried making breakfast like this for a few days, then noticed the bathroom scale inching up, so I had to stop. :\

Construction Cleaning Gainesville 12 August, 2022 09:39  

Appreciate thiis blog post

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP