Sunday, February 5, 2012

Tide is High


Craving noodles for breakfast, I scrounged around the refrigerator for toppings that would complement the baby clams and miso broth that Michael sent. When I drink miso soup, tofu isn't very far. How shall I prepare the tofu?

365-217 Tofu
Day 217/365

Tofu cut in cubes with shoyu and katsuobushi (shaved dried tuna) sprinkled on top is an easy yet satisfying tofu side.  It is a cool and refreshing balance to a warm soup.

The fridge was packed with brussels sprouts, broccoli, red peppers, and snap peas. I wasn't feeling very green (sorry, Kermit), so I chopped up some red peppers.  

365-217 Soba
Day 217/365

All it took for the vacuum packed baby clams to open up was to stir the little gems in hot water. The miso paste was added once I fished out the unopened clams. With a sprinkle of shichimi togarashi after the soup and clams were poured over the buckwheat noodles and red peppers, the meal was ready in 15 minutes.

With my noodle craving sated, I was happy as a clam at high tide.

- Cassaendra

0 deep thoughts:

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP