Friday, April 27, 2012

Deadwood


Ironically, I have been on vacation since Wednesday and find myself several days late, catching up on posting pictures and text for my 365 Project. :)

365-296 Gave Wood
Day 296/365

A photograph can easily change the context and freeze an event in time. Passing by the tree for the past month or so, I wondered why someone would do this to a beautiful 3-story tall tree. When I took this picture, I assumed an apparently tenacious vandal with a chainsaw did this.

In a coincidental turn of events, I took this picture a day before the city chopped this tree down. It is now a stump leveled to the ground. As with all things in our lives, within a few months, no one will remember this tree ever existed.

- Cassaendra

0 deep thoughts:

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP