Sunday, July 3, 2011

Cold Storage II


Chunk by chunk, Cleveland Cold Storage is being deleted from the landscape as Downtown Cleveland looks on.

365-22b Cold Storage
022/365

It's only been a couple of weeks since I began checking on the progress of its demolition. It has taken longer than I expected from the rate the first week went.

In my treks to the site, I've wondered how the water tower will be dispatched.

365-22a Cold Storage Water Tower
022/365

Several [unlikely] scenarios have played in my head many times:
1) Rope tied around one leg of the tower, several people below tugging the rope.
2) Building chomped all around, leaving a column of the building below the water tower standing like a 9-story Napoleon (mille-feuille). Mmm, Napoleons...

- Cassaendra

2 deep thoughts:

Tipa 05 July, 2011 10:47  

3) Water tower comes alive, being finally revealed as the Martian war machine it always was.

Cassaendra 06 July, 2011 17:34  

LOL YES!!!

Btw it came down today while I was at work. It was up this morning, and gone this afternoon. :\

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP