Monday, February 9, 2009

Pocketful of Penzeys


We had to think of an excuse to go to the East side to justify the trip to Sonic yesterday.

Trader Joe's and Penzeys at Eton Shopping Center. Two excellent reasons. Taza Lebanese Grill, a great restaurant, is there as well but we had already eaten. I wish the Container Store was still there. The closest one to us is in Columbus, at the same mall where Restaurant Hama is located.

Bug digs shelled, salted pistachios, and Trader Joe's has 'em cheap. He has been talking about getting some curry powder as well.

Penzeys One magazine and curry powder

Since we walked through Penzeys doors 10 minutes before closing, we rushed through the store. The store always smells wonderful, but I have this compulsion with opening the jars of spices and smelling them, giving myself a headache every time I go there. One of these days I'll learn not to touch the jars.

After poking around the various curries, we grabbed the sweet curry powder. The associate gave us a Penzeys One magazine for free ($4.95). I was pretty excited so I leafed through the magazine while shuffling my way out of the store with Bug leading. 46 recipes! I think we're going to try the Mushroom & Barley Soup on page 50 soon.

No pics of the pistachios because Bug ate them all so quickly. I wouldn't suggest lighting a match at our place.

- Cassaendra

Penzeys Spices
28859 Chagrin Blvd
Beachwood, OH 44122
Tel: (216) 839-0777

Trader Joe's
28809 Chagrin Blvd
Beachwood, OH 44122
Tel: (216) 360-9320

0 deep thoughts:

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP