Sunday, February 15, 2009

Shiba Schtuff


I spent the day website hopping while Bug slept.

I spent HOURS on I Am Shiba, an entertaining blog about the life and times of Cortez Squirrelsbane Shiba.

Cortez took the C-BARQ (Canine Behavioral Assessment and Research Questionnaire), so I was curious how Akemi would do. I was a bit afraid since we haven't made any effort in training her with the exception of housebreaking.

The assessment revealed that Akemi really needs training and is extremely energetic, a bit excitable, and friendly toward people and other dogs. She has some problems with coprophagia (eats poop), chewing things, pulling on her leash, hyperactivity, and tail chasing. Anyone who has spent 30 seconds with Akemi could have told you that. It was nice to see where she falls in comparison to other shiba (n=91) and dogs in general (n=10,097). I'd post the raw scores, but I don't know how to do it.

The Misanthropic Shiba was another site I visited. On the front page was a cute subtitled Japanese cartoon on YouTube, Hajimete no Tomodachi (My First Friend). TMS is an informative and humorous site.



Oh yeah, grab a box of Kleenex before you hit play.

Still listening to ~
Filigree & Shadow by This Mortal Coil

- Cassaendra

0 deep thoughts:

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP