Monday, March 5, 2012

Sea Monkeys


365-246 Mareun Saewoo Bokkeum
Day 246/365

Until today, I've never had mareun saewoo bokkeum, sauteed dried shrimp. I've had a similar side dish made with dried anchovies at our favorite Korean restaurant, Seoul Garden, in Parma. Crunchy, sweet, and salty, with a punch of shrimp and toasted sesame flavor, are addictive.

Thus far, I've popped a few, as is, sprinkled them in my salad, and incorporated a few as a creamy salad made with surimi, cucumbers, and roe for temaki.  I'm sure these would be great in an omelette!

- Cassaendra

2 deep thoughts:

Mrs. L 06 March, 2012 02:01  

Do they taste fishy or just strong shrimp flavor?

Cassaendra 06 March, 2012 11:58  

Hi Mrs. L~

This has a robust shrimp flavor. It's not a flavor you would expect because it has a sweetness from the sugar, but it's not a bad combination.

I've bought shrimp like this (w/o the preparation) to boost the shrimpiness of my soup.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP