Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My Goodness


Celebrating St. Patrick's Day, A Cookie and a Cupcake will be featuring a few cupcakes over the next couple of weeks. The featured cupcake today was an orange cake with chocolate buttercream filling and Guinness buttercream topping. 

365-247 Guinness Cupcake
Day 247/365

As is typical, their cake is a delight -- moist, with a prevalent orange flavor, one of my favorite types of cake. I have never had Guinness, so I cannot describe how closely the topping resembles drinking a pint, but it emanates a boozy scent and has a faint bitterness.  The shamrock sprinkles add a pretty contrast.

According to their blog, upcoming cupcakes are green velvet, rainbow with gold coins, and Irish Creme. I look forward to trying all of them.

- Cassaendra

A Cookie and a Cupcake
2173 Professor Ave
Cleveland, OH 44113
Tel: (216) 344-9433

2 deep thoughts:

Mrs. L 09 March, 2012 16:51  

One of my favorite things I ever baked was a Guiness cake. Soo good (the Baileys Cream Cheese Frosting helped).

Cassaendra 10 March, 2012 23:07  

Hi Mrs. L,

*drool* That sounds deeelicious! What an irresistible combination. Although, I could probably eat Bailey's cream cheese frosting over dirt and be fairly happy.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP