Monday, May 18, 2009

To Boldly Go Where Star Wars has Gone Before


Despite the sarcasm and before someone sticks a Ceti eel in my mouth to have its way with my brain stem, I liked JJ Abrams' Star Trek.

A comparison between Star Wars and Star Trek has already been made in video format and is much more succinct than I could describe, especially in 35 seconds, as this guy does. The video is funnier if you've already seen the movie.


My Favorite Movie (Star Trek vs. Star Wars)

I'm sure the link will stop working long after this blog disappears, but I'll describe the similarities briefly in the event you're like me, at work with blocked access to YouTube.

1. Movie begins with small ship being attacked by large ship
2. Rebellious farm boy lives with step parent (I rolled my eyes while sitting in the theater as young Kirk was introduced living in Iowa) who dreams of going to outer space
3. Bar scene with aliens
4. Old wise man who knew true father well
5. Help save someone he doesn't get along with and becomes best of friends
6. Destroy evil ship that destroys planets
7. Ends with medals given out at a large awards ceremony

It is entertaining to watch legendary characters a few chapters before they become immortalized. I look forward to the next installment, but something about the movie occurring during an alternate timeline bothers me.

- Cassaendra

2 deep thoughts:

Mrs. L 21 May, 2009 14:58  

I had not thought about this until you brought it up. Had me and my friends cracking up cuz it's just so true!

Cassaendra 24 May, 2009 09:37  

Hi Mrs. L,

The clip made me laugh as well. I didn't think about quite a few of these. It's funny that we all watch the same movie but walk out remembering/absorbing different things. :)

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP