Friday, May 1, 2009

When It Rains


...it pours.

Recently, there has been a drought of movies that *I* would like to watch. The month of May is certainly not one of those months!

1) X-Men Origins: Wolverine -- opens May 1
2) Star Trek (directed by JJ Abrams) -- opens May 8
3) Terminator Salvation -- opens May 21

With the price of tickets for two people (~$9/person) knocking on the door of the price of a BluRay, it is making the decision decide whether or not it's worth going to the theater rather difficult...or is it making it a lot easier?

The screens for most theaters are bigger televisions and the sound system is better.

I don't care for a lot of talkie talkie drama and woe is me films in general. I certainly wouldn't want to see them in a theater. I have to deal with that in my everyday life. Why would I want to pay to be subjected to that? I'm also not into comedies or preachy films.

What kind of movies do I enjoy? Movies that are entertaining. Action, science fiction, and fantasy movies are generally what I enjoy; however, I am not into ALL movies in those genres. Oof. I think some of the worst movies in history fall under those categories.

$9 can buy me a large bowl of pho, small bowl of pho w/ a chargrilled pork summer roll, 2-1/2 lb of beef, 1/6th of my phone+crappy internet bill, or 7 Route 44 cherry limeades from Sonic during happy hour...

- Cassaendra

2 deep thoughts:

Michael 02 May, 2009 11:20  

OMG, I can't believe you price things in terms of food! You are too funny.

ดีแล้วที่เธอไม่สูบบุหรี่ ก็ไม่ทำราคาด้วยบุหรี่นะ

元気でね!

michael

Cassaendra 03 May, 2009 08:46  

Hi Michael!

Yes, fortunately, neither of us smoke. I am amazed with the prices I've seen lately that people can even afford it at $55-60/carton!

You take care too~ <3

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP