Monday, October 19, 2009

Urban Ninja


We decided to get rid of both of our air conditioners because they were going to cost more than we were willing to pay to clean and service. The air conditioners worked fine and were high end energy efficient models. They just need serviced and cleaned in a really bad way after 8 years of heavy operation each summer.

Bug wanted to set them outside early in the morning, minutes before the rubbish truck would arrive. I put my foot down and asked that he set them out as early as possible the day prior to pick-up, since people religiously go through our rubbish each week.

Bug took 2 trips, huffing and puffing as he lugged each air conditioner alone down 1 long and steep flight of stairs and down a short set of steps. It was raining, so I was concerned he was going to fall.

Bug hobbled back upstairs and waited 7 minutes for me to get ready so we could go out and get some pet supplies. Yes, 7 minutes. It's only pet supplies!

By the time we stepped outside, the patch of grass where Bug left the air conditioners was empty. I looked both directions on our street. It was clear of traffic. The grass didn't even have a chance to remain pressed from the weight.

While I expected our stuff to be taken, I didn't think it was going to disappear that quickly. I'm sure the person who took them will be pleasantly surprised they actually work.

- Cassaendra

2 deep thoughts:

Michael 22 October, 2009 01:37  

Oh my goodness, thats so funny. A few years back I donated a large box of clothing to our local thrift store. I'm talking Polo, Ralph Lauren and an assortment of other name brand items. A few hours later I was standing on the balcony of my old apartment and what did I see- someone wearing my clothes!

You see, the donation center was closed so I left the clothing on a loading dock and I guess someone helped themselves to the clothes.

I donated them to people who could use them more than I could. I just didn't realize how much more they were needed by others.

All I can say is there were some people stylin' and profilin' in my clothes!

Cassaendra 24 October, 2009 22:44  

Hi Michael!

Ha! That must have been weird seeing the familiar clothing walking down the street!

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP