Monday, October 5, 2009

TV Party


Serious Eats Weekend Cook and Tell project this week focuses on what we eat while we watch television.

I initially thought we could get plates reminiscent of the aluminum platters used in TV dinners with sectioned areas. I thought I saw some at Target, but when I didn't, I wasn't compelled to look anywhere else and decided to use a long pastry tray.

My next thought was to make something that was slightly thematic as ChefTomMohr brought up. The tv shows I watch these days don't lend themselves to food themes -- Castle, CSI, Dexter, and Mentalist...or cooking shows on PBS. I don't have satellite or cable tv.

SE Dinner
TV party tonight

So, I threw some food we had leftover or were quick to assemble between commercial breaks.

SE Spinach salad
Spinach salad

Spinach salad was topped with a locally made gorgonzola pear dressing with riesling wine by Vino de Milo. I'm NOT a fan of gorgonzola, but this wasn't bad. It wasn't as pungent as I expected, but maintained its stinky presence. We bought the dressing to see if we should buy more bottles to give away as box stuffers.

SE Pasta
Pasta salad

The pasta salad was left over from a side the other night. Ziti and rotini mixed with olives, roasted red peppers, artichokes, zucchini, yellow squash, olive oil, vinegar, oregano, salt, and pepper.

SE Sardines
Sardines

The sardines were canned with tomato sauce, which I simmered with cayenne pepper and black pepper, then garnished with nori and sesame seeds. This was really easy to put together, I almost felt guilty. Almost.

This was a lot of food so I brought leftovers for lunch the next day.


Fun song, but I still don't like Black Flag

- Cassaendra

2 deep thoughts:

Arm70 09 October, 2009 13:41  

This looks wonderful Cass!

Cassaendra 11 October, 2009 09:02  

Hi Aimee,

Thanks for stopping by! I missed the deadline to post. :P Still wished I could have gotten a TV dinner tray, but what would I do with it afterward...?

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP