Sunday, September 14, 2008

Akemi - Day Two


Our fearless hunter

I have a feeling I'm probably going to be the type of mother that carries a tome of pictures of my kids' each and every waking moment, such that you could flip the pages and it would look like a contiguous motion picture, and shove it in everyone's face. Not sure why, but it's just a weird feeling.


hates leashes

When I'm awake, I really can't tell the difference between the spoiled "I want to play now" cry, "I'm scared," or "I have to go poo/pee" cry. I'm probably going to be the mother that sleeps through the baby wailing at night while Bug wakes up every hour to check on the little one. Apparently, Akemi was crying much of the night so he got out of bed and checked on her. Bug definitely makes a better mother than me!


stalks her prey...

Every two hours or when Akemi whimpers, Bug gets dressed, latches the leash on our turdling, walks down our narrow stairwell, and takes her to the yard so she can pee and/or poo. 9 times of 10, all she does is attack the weeds, goes to town digging up the lawn, eats leaves, stares out in complete attention at invisible predators, and rolls around in the dew-drenched blades of grass.

All this paid off when she finally pooed on cue last night in the yard. She also walked to her litter box and peed in it twice! She's been doing well in the 2 days that we've had her. She even comes when we beckon.


...but is easily distracted

Bug is snoring as I write this, trying to catch a few zzz's, since he's only had 3 hours of sleep. Akemi is zonkered out in her cage because she's been feeling yucky, barfing up peanut butter. No, that's not a euphemism.

- Cassaendra

4 deep thoughts:

Tipa 14 September, 2008 18:19  

Well, if you're like other parents, then if you looked at their photo albums, apparently the last fifteen years of their lives went by 100x faster than their first year...

=)

Cute pooch!

Cassaendra 14 September, 2008 23:04  

Hah! So true. I keep telling myself that I'll take more pics as my pets grow older instead of having a million baby shots, but my cat and ferret haven't had pics taken in a year. :o

Anonymous 09 October, 2008 09:07  

Akemi is so cute! Looks like his daddybug! chuckle! Love the picks. Cheryl sent the blog.
Love you, GM

Cassaendra 11 October, 2008 22:50  

Hi Grandma! Thanks for stopping by. The blog has turned into an Akemi show and tell. If you think I'm doting, Daddybug is even more so. =)

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP