Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Stuffed


If I sound delirious, it's probably because I'm falling asleep as I type this. Bug crashed out an hour ago! I just typed "delicious" instead of "delirious" - twice.

Bug was in the mood for Mexican food tonight. He wasn't in the mood for Mi Pueblo Mexican, but Don Ramon Mexican.

Mi Pueblo is where I get my fix of birria (steamed goat) and lengua tacos (beef tongue), while Don Ramon's clientele tend not to be Mexican. The servings are good and filling, and margaritas are everywhere.

Bug ordered the Special Dinner ($12.30), a sampler dish that arrives in two platters.

The first platter has a chalupa, chile relleno, and a hard shell ground beef taco.

365-38 Don Ramon Special Dinner
Day 038/365

The second platter comes with a beef enchilada, tamal, refried beans, and Mexican rice.

A good variety when you're in the mood for Mexican food, but can't decide which item. The kitchen is consistent and provides comfort...comfort in knowing exactly what you're going to get each time you order.

365-38 Don Ramon Special Dinner
Day 038/365

I decided to try something new, so I ordered the Camarones al Chipotle ($13.25), shrimp with a creamy tomato chipotle sauce. Mexican rice and a salad of shredded iceberg lettuce with pico de gallo.

The sauce was a creamy spiced tomato based sauce. I do not have any complaints, but I don't feel compelled to order it again. It wasn't what I expected, which was a more smoky spicy sauce.

365-38 Don Ramon Camarones Chipotle
Day 038/365

I ate half of the shrimp and all of the Mexican rice. The remainder was packed away for Bug to eat for lunch tomorrow.

Before my forehead rests too long on the space bar, buenas noches.

- Cassaendra

Don Ramon
6278 Pearl Rd
Cleveland, OH 44130-3062
Tel: (440) 886-0566

0 deep thoughts:

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP