Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Moment of Fear


365-17 Eggs
017/365

As we walked toward these eerie orbs, my chest tightened as a flash of fear froze me in my footsteps. For a tenth of a second, I imagined a slimy facehugger breaking open from one of the pulsating eggs with its spindly limbs, leaping onto my face and wrapping its tail around my neck, neutralizing me to implant an embryo down my throat.

Upon closer inspection, I noticed they were not alien eggs, but a ring of mushrooms encircling a tree trunk, like fleshy contagious pustules.

- Cassaendra

2 deep thoughts:

Mrs. L 01 July, 2011 17:29  

LOL, I was thinking similar thoughts, they certainly look more like pods in this stage than mushrooms.

Cassaendra 02 July, 2011 09:24  

We've been walking by daily...it's grown to be quite a fleshy monstrosity.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP